Quetta – Since its inception in October 2010, Balochistan Point has made a difference through the news stories and opinion articles that have been published in it. Following are the most notable success stories of The Balochistan Point so far:
- On 29th June 2014, we published an article titled “Controversial Arsalan Iftikhar.” It was about unfair appointment of Arsalan Iftikhar, Son of former Chief Justice, as Vice-chairman Board of investment Balochistan. This article brought this issue I limelight after which it was picked up by national media and Arsalan Iftikhar had to resign.
- On 14th January 2015, we published an investigative report on basic errors in publications of chief Ministers Policy reforms Unit (CMPRU). It was the first and only effort by any media outlet to pinpoint these errors. CMPRU promised to rectify the errors in their next issue.
- On 12th May 2015, we published a story about how PIA was discriminating passengers in Balochistan. After our story was published the issue was brought to the attention of media. Balochistan assembly passed a resolution asking PIA to stop discriminating with people of Balochistan.
- On 11th July 2015, we published a news story about three school buses donated by China that were stranded at Gwadar port due to non-payment of customs dues by Balochistan government. After our story was published, Balochistan government paid the custom dues and buses were released by customs and handed over to schools.
- On 26th July, We published a news story about bad governance and shortage of doctors in DHQ hospital Gwadar. As a result 11 doctors were transferred to DHQ hospital Gwadar by health department of Balochistan.
- On 26th July, we published a news story about How QESCO had ignored Balochistan Quota in high scale jobs. After this story was published, chief secretary Balochistan took notice of this issue and the unfair advertised vacanies were cancelled.
We don’t claim exclusive credit in aforementioned success stories but we did play a significant role in each one of them.
Published in The Balochistan Point on August 10, 2015